The trend of paint by number kits has taken the creative world by storm, and for a very good reason. In the past few months, paint by numbers for beginners have become even more popular, especially since a lot of us have been constantly looking for ways to make our days at home a little more fun during this quarantine.
If this is your first time painting one of these kits, then this article is perfect for you. Of course, we know that beginning your painting journey can be tough – there’s so much to learn and a lot of ways to learn them. But hey, we got you covered! In this article, we will go over some basic tips and tricks for you. However, if you’re still looking for the perfect place to get your kit from, companies like MiiCreative provide the best paint by number kits in the market.
These inexpensive paint-by-number kits include a drawing on the canvas divided into smaller shapes and sections, each with an assigned number. These numbers correspond with a certain color, and as you keep on matching the paints with the numbers on the canvas, the shapes and colors begin to come together. As a result, your painting reveals its true beauty.
Why is Paint by Numbers for Beginners?
For most of us, the idea of painting can be scary since we tend to think that we aren’t equipped enough to create art. However, the good thing about paint by numbers is that it doesn’t require you to be an expert. With this in mind, you can easily enjoy paint by numbers for beginners regardless of your skill level. This is appropriate for any age and doesn’t require skills because you’re provided with everything you need and a basic guide that’s super easy to follow.
Tips and Tricks To Remember
Now that we have the basics covered, let’s discuss some tips that you can use as you prep your very own masterpiece:
- Choose your kit and favorite image: Beginners usually opt to go for generic paint by numbers kits as they’re easily accessible, but where’s the fun in that? With custom paint by numbers, you can choose your favorite photo from your last summer trip or a goofy photo of your cat, and turn them into your own paint by numbers kit.
Important note: Make sure to check this guide to know which photo works best for your custom paint by numbers.
Start painting and remember to have fun: Before you begin, find a nicely lit area as this should help you see your work clearly. Make sure to protect the surface you’ll work on either with a plastic tablecloth or newspaper to keep the area clean. You may also keep a container of water and a paper towel close by so you can wash and wipe your brushes between colors. Once you’re all set, let your imagination flow and creativity run free as you fill the numbers with lovely colors.
Frame your canvas and display your artwork: Now that you’re done with your painting, you’ll find that there’s a lot of creative ways to display your masterpiece. However, framing your canvas is the best way to go as this not only ensures that your painting is secured, but it’s also the best way to show off your amazing masterpiece. Hang it up on the wall, display it in your living room, or you can even flaunt it in your workplace to give the space a personal touch.
Helpful tip: You can learn how to frame your paint by numbers canvas through this video.
A Few Reminders:
- Close the paint pots: The acrylic paints used will dry quickly if left open for too long, so remember to put the lid back after using each color.
- Watch out for mistakes: If you use the wrong color, let it dry completely. After a while, you can then paint over the area with the right color.
- Wash your brushes in between colors: Clean your paint brushes thoroughly before using a different color to avoid getting the colors mixed on the canvas.
- Keep your tools clean: If you can’t finish the painting in one go, make sure to wash your brushes at the end of the day with clean water so you can use them again the next day.
Now That You’ve Learned the Basics
You can now begin your paint by numbers journey! Remember, these kits help people paint their photos through the number guides, but that doesn’t mean that you cannot experiment and be creative with it. Apply your own style, discover the techniques that work best for you, and most importantly: enjoy the process.
Through paint by numbers for beginners, give yourself a little break from technology and immerse yourself with an activity that’s both relaxing and productive.